Dugan Chandler, 16, of Victoria, Texas, suffered sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) on Friday, October 16, 2020. He had been competing at a youth rodeo, but immediately afterwards, he collapsed. A bystander, who happened to be a firefighter, started CPR, and another bystander had someone grab the automated external defibrillator (AED) he happened to carry in his car. He quickly used the device and after one shock, Dugan was resuscitated. He spent a few days in the hospital, received an implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), and was back to classes at St. Joseph School in Victoria on Tuesday.
Read the full story here.– Sudden Cardiac Arrest Foundation